Forbidden Planet is a K.I.S.S. boat, that is Keep It Simple Sailorgirl! The less moving parts, the less things to fix. On board we have:
- a VHF
- a handheld VHF (waterproof)
- a single sideband receiver (Si-Tex NavFax 2000)
- a laptop hooked up to the single sideband receiver to receive weather fax
- a handheld GPS
- 2 burner Origo alcohol stove
- Magna propane barbeque
- portable DVD player
- Yanmar 18 hp diesel (we replaced the original 8 hp in 2005)
- 16 gallons fresh water (plus 15 gallons in jerry cans)
- 11 gallons diesel (plus 10gallons in a jerry can)
The galley. A 2 burner pressurized alcohol stove. Not particularly hot, but it works.
The sink slide away. Ingenious isn’t it?